Black Members stronger together in UNISON
Black people have a long, successful history of organising collectively. But Black people suffer disproportionately from public spending cuts, both as communities that use public services and as employees. Fighting for equality is now more important than ever.
UNISON works to:
CHALLENGE racism in the workplace
PROTECT your rights at work
SUPPORT you in the workplace.
Many Black people work to deliver public services to vulnerable people and local communities. As a member of UNISON, the UK’s largest public service union you can:
- Get your voice heard through our Black members’ organisation
- Get specialist help and advice on work issues
- Actively campaign for workplaces that are safer, fairer and more equal
- Access training and development
- Benefit from free advice, support and legal services.
We are currently setting up a black member self organised group, for more information contact Helen Williams